Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
To provide support to Facility Management by performing maintenance on the exterior areas and structures.
****A requirement of this position is you must be currently enrolled in college level courses or a degree seeking program throughout the duration of the internship to be considered. If selected for an interview you will be asked for proof of eligibility. A minimum of 25-30 hours per week is required.
This is not a seasonal internship. This is a year round internship.
Performs exterior maintenance duties
• Plants and transplants trees, shrubbery, and plantings
• Cares for landscape by mowing lawns, trimming shrubbery, and pruning trees
• Applies fertilizer under the guidance of the Senior Ground Crewman
• Cleans papers, debris, leaves, etc. from exterior areas using manual and engine-driven equipment.
• Removes snow and ices from roadways, walkways, and sidewalks with shovels and engine-driven equipment
• Drives Navy Federal vehicles to pick up and/or deliver materials and equipment (e.i. equipment, landscaping supplies and plants etc.)
• Provide support to assigned department; may work on small projects or portions of larger projects
• Support business strategy and initiatives within the business unit and/or across the organization
• Assist and collaborate with various levels of staff to accomplish tasks/assignments
• Perform research and analysis; may include quantitative and/or qualitative analysis
• Maintain professionalism in all interactions, placing member service as priority
• Provide comprehensive day-to-day operational support
• Provide support in functional areas of the credit union
• May provide direct member service in high volume situations
• Process and update data in automated systems; may generate and analyze reports
• Perform other duties as assigned
Unusual Working Conditions
Work is primarily outside in all types of weather conditions. Work may be dirty, dusty, greasy, and noisy. May be exposed to possibility of cuts and bruises. Work requires standing, reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, climbing and working in uncomfortable positions. Work requires lifting and carrying materials and equipment in excess of 50 pounds. May be required to work other than normal business hours (weekends, evenings).
Qualifications - Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Must be enrolled in an accredited university
• Ability to follow written and oral instructions
• Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds
• Ability to perform work in a variety of positions (sometimes uncomfortable positions) including standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, and climbing
• Possess a valid driver’s license
• Grounds maintenance/building maintenance experience
Hours: Monday-Friday, 6:00 am - 2:30 pm
Location: 5550 Heritage Oaks Drive, Pensacola, FL 32526
Bank Secrecy Section
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability